Utilizing traditional methods of traditional craftsmanship with industrial methods in order to popularize tubular steel furniture, this form explores the unique characteristics of steel which give the chair added flexibility. The classic seat features a Solid beech frame with Cane insets that are handwoven.Material & Feature:
- Seat and Back are solid Ash with either a clear natural coating woven cane insets
- Frame : Polished #304 grade stainless steel tubule with chrome finish
- Plastic glides included on base to protect floors
- Width: 23.5" x Depth: 24.6" x Height: 34"
- Seat Height: 18.5"
* All measurements are approximations.
A champion of the modern movement and protg of Bauhaus founder Walter Gropius, Marcel Breuer is equally celebrated for his achievements in architecture and furniture. Breuer was a student and subsequently a master carpenter at the Bauhaus in the early 1920s. His entire body of work, both architecture and furniture, embodies the driving Bauhaus objective to reconcile art and industry. While at the Bauhaus, Breuer revolutionized the modern interior with his tubular-steel furniture collection - inspired by bicycle construction and fabricated using the techniques of local plumbers.